More than 200 business, philanthropy and education leaders from across the state gathered in Austin for the fourth annual Educate Texas Leadership Forum to discuss issues impacting the future of education in Texas. Sen. Florence Shapiro and Rep. Rob Eissler were presented with the Educate Texas Trailblazer Award and an impressive lineup of speakers including Sen. Kel Seliger and Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings offered critical insight on college and career readiness, postsecondary access and success, human capital and collective impact.
For the first time, key sessions of the Leadership Forum were livestreamed and we were thrilled by the interest and participation. Thanks to all who joined the conversations online.
Videos of the presentations are now all avaiable on our YouTube channel.
PowerPoint presentations are also available below - organized by session type, topic, and organization name.
2:30pm—2:40pm: Welcome (Great Room)
- George Tang, Educate Texas
2:45pm—3:30pm: Ed Talks (Great Room)
- Kati Haycock, The Education Trust
- Mark David Milliron, WGU Texas
- Aimee Guidera, Data Quality Campaign
Policy Briefing (Social)
- Texas Teaching Commission—Jim Nelson, Vice-Chair
- Texas Student Success Council—Richard Rhodes, Chair
District Innovation—Next Generation Learning (Studio 2)
- Cheryl Neihaus, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
- Cat Alexander, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
Interactive Session on Building Community Partnerships (Studio 3)
- Jeff Edmondson, Strive
5:00pm—6:00pm: Reception (Terrace)
6:00pm—8:00pm: Dinner and Remarks (Great Room)
- John Fitzpatrick, Educate Texas
-State of Educate Texas
-Educate Texas Trailblazer Award presented to Senator
Florence Shapiro and Representative Rob Eissler
- Kel Seliger, Texas State Senator
- Mike Rawlings, Mayor of Dallas
- Dave Spence, Southern Regional Education Board
- John Fitzpatrick, Educate Texas, Moderator